What discipleship isn’t.
What Discipleship ISN’T
- Preaching from the Pulpit— Although preaching is vital in a Christian’s life, it is not the best method of discipleship!
- A Certificate—Most discipleship programs offer some sort of certificate for completion but discipleship is not just getting a certificate; it is much deeper than that.
- A Fast Program— It is not something that just happens and is done in a short amount of time.
- A List of Rules— Discipleship is not about giving a new believer a list of rules to follow.
- Only for a Select Group
- A Twelve Step Program
- An Optional Course
- An Accountability System— Although discipleship should bring accountability, it is not what discipleship is all about!
- You fill in the blank what cute phrase or idea you have heard discipleship is!
Next week we will look at what discipleship is, but I would like to hear from you the things that you believe discipleship isn’t and also what do you believe discipleship is?