How You Can Get Involved in World Evangelism Right Now: Give
How you can get involved in world evangelism right now— Give!
The Bible says where your treasure is there will your heart be also. If you are giving to missions your heart will be with missions and missionaries! If your are willing to give, it will be a great way to help get the Gospel around the world. This is a way anyone can get involved in world evangelism! So lets look at some ways to give and reasons to give from the Bible!
- Start giving now! (Malachi 3:10)— No matter your age you should be giving! It can be just a little to large amounts, but as Christians we should be givers! If you start giving now it makes it easier to give as God increases how much money you have to give more!
- Be a generous giver(Proverbs 22:9)— Be willing to give! Remember everything you have is given to you from God! He only asks for a small portion back! If we have this mindset that the money we have is not ours, but rather God entrusted us with it, it will be much easier to be a generous giver!
- Be a good steward(I Cor. 4:12)— We are stewards of all that God has given us. Are you a good steward of what God has given you? If you are not a good steward of just a little, what makes you think God would give you more? If you are a good steward of little and least, God will give you more and more to be a steward of and as your stewardship grows so can your giving to world evangelism!
- Have faith—(Hebrews 11:6) Trust God with your giving. Be logical and pray about what God would have you give to missions, but do so in faith! Ask God to help grow your faith by your giving. It is amazing to see that when you give to God and to missions, God can bless you and provide in ways you never thought possible!
- Keep track of God’s blessings— As you give, keep track of how God has blessed you! This is not so you can brag on yourself, rather it is so you can brag on God and tell others how God blessed you as you gave!
- Give sacrificially (2 Cor. 8:1-4)— Be willing to give sacrificially. It is so much easier to do this when we do not make a lot of money than when we have plenty of money and are doing well. But we should be sacrificial givers! Be willing to sacrifice to give in order to get the Gospel around the world! It is not hard to find things we could sacrifice in order to give more.
- Challenge others by your giving (2 Cor. 9:1-3)— This church gave out of their necessity. They were a poor church but still gave and because of that others heard of their giving and were challenged to give. As you give and record what God has done in your life others will see that and be challenged to give as well! Remember it is never about making you look good, it is always about pointing others to God and what He has done in your life!
Giving is a great way to get involved in world evangelism right now. IF you are currently a giver then great, keep on giving! If you are not giving currently, then start! Start where you can and see how God blesses! You cannot afford not to give! Just remember that everything we have, including our paycheck, is given to us from God! What are some other ideas or biblical principles for giving that I missed? Leave a comment below and we would be glad to learn even more about giving to missions!