Every Believer a Soul Winner: Is it Still Binding on Us?
Every Believer, a Soul Winner: Is it still Binding on us?
If every believer is to a be a soul winner, do we have a Biblical basis for this belief? As we look at Scripture, it becomes abundantly clear that it is still binding upon us.
- Light of the world: Matthew 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Christ told us we are lights in the world. Our light should be shining into the darkness of the world. As lights, it is our responsibility to get the gospel to the whole world, but sadly, so many Christians are hiding their light and not letting it shine.
- The Great Commission— Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15, Luke 24:46-48, John 20:21, and Acts 1:8 are known as the Great Commission. Basically summed up, it tells us to go preach the gospel to the world and make disciples of those we reach with the gospel. These are not just passive verses, they are commands. These commands are given to us, as individuals, to take the gospel to the whole world! This command is binding upon us.
- If our gospel is hid— II Corinthians 4:3 But if our Gospel be hid it is hid to them that are lost. If we hid our light and the truth of the gospel, we are keeping it from a lost and dying world. So often, we are guilty of hiding the truth of the gospel. We are doing a disservice to a lost and dying world.
- The love of Christ— II Corinthians 5:14-15 14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: 15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again: Getting the gospel to the world and every believer being a soul winner is binding upon us because the love of Christ constrains us! Not only does it constrain us, but because Christ died for us, it motivates us to live for Him and to share what Christ did to the whole world. Therefore, every believer has been redeemed and saved in order to be a soul winner!
- It is God’s desire— I Timothy 2:3-4 . For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. God desires the whole world to be saved. If that is our King and Saviour’s desire then it should become our desire, as well. It is what God wants and because of that, it is binding upon us to obey the command of our God and reach the world with the gospel.
There are many more verses that could be used to show that yes, “Every believer, a soul winner” is binding upon us! We must be about sharing the gospel everywhere we go! Why are there so many verses about this one subject? Because God’s purpose and desire has been and continues to be that the world would be reached with the gospel. There are so many verses because we need them to urge us forward, but also, to help teach others that it is their responsibility, as well, to be a soul winner. “Every believer, a soul winner!” then ought to be preached by every preacher and lived by every Christian!